Although we added many new veterans
to our Post 3 Roster, Post Everlasting has
been winning this tug of war. I believe 12
Post 3 members died this past month
alone. What can you do to turn this trend
around? Here's a suggestion, make your
personal commitment to ask one of your
family members, a friend or a complete
stranger these questions:
1. Have you ever served in the military?
August 1st begins a new Legion year. Post 3 will have a new Commander, a new 1st Vice Commander and a new 2nd Vice Commander. We will also have a new National Executive Committee member. I know these outstanding Legionnaires will bring experience, leadership, new ideas, and a commitment to the American Legion and Post 3 with them in their new assignments. Please give them your support, they deserve it. Post 3 deserves your support as well. We have been operating at a stage 3 1/2 level for the last year and I expect the performance of our new officers will move us into the full stage 4 level early into their first year. Make a commitment to submit your ideas, suggestions, and questions to them. They want to hear from you.
I want to thank you all for your support this past year. We have started a number of new programs and supported veterans and their families in the Lincoln area.
2. If you have, do you belong to the American Legion?
3. If you don't belong, would you please consider joining Lincoln Post 3?
4. Do you know what Post 3 does?
5. Do you know what Post 3 does with your dues?
6. Have you ever visited the Post 3 website?
7. Did you know how hard Post 3 works to earn your support?
8. Will you join us in serving veterans and their families?
Thanks again for all your support of me as the Post 3 Commander this past year. It has been a complete privilege and honor. I am very grateful to you all.
Post 3 Commander