Legion Family All ........
The current Legion year is winding down. August 1st begins a new year with a new Post Commander and several other changes in Post 3 leadership. If you will attend the June 8th Post 3 Legion meeting you will be asked to vote on these changes. New people bring welcome new ideas and enthusiasm to move Post 3 forward. Serving as your Post Commander this past year has been a privilege and an honor for me. I learned a lot and hope that I had a positive influence on Post 3. I will still be active in Post 3 and remain on the Honor Guard. I know these changes will be a strong Stage 4 outcome.
Here's a short quiz to see how much you know about the American Legion and Post 3 Just for the fun of it. The answers immediately follow the questions.
1. Name the four Pillars that guide the American Legion in all our endeavors.
2. When did the U.S. Congress officially charter the American Legion?
3. How many members does the American Legion currently have in the U.S. and overseas?
4. How many members does the American Legion have in Nebraska?
5. How many Legionnaires belong to Lincoln Post 3?
6. How many current members of Post 3 have you personally recruited?
(1. Americanism--Children and Youth--National Security--Veteran Affairs & Rehabilitation)
(2. Sept. 16th, 1919)
(3. Approximately 2 million)
(4. Approximately 30 thousand)
(5. Approximately 1350)
(6. ?? This number is up to you to determine. I hope it's a big one and growing.
Post 3 Commander