AMERICAN LEGION RIDERS
Your American Legion Riders (ALR) held their July
meeting; and, by the time you read this, will have had their
August meeting at our usual venue in Denton.
Many of the annual summer events we usually attend as a
group were cancelled due to COVID. Nevertheless, we have
had a couple of rides as a group. Commander Gubser led a
dinner ride with eleven Riders and guests to the Davey Tavern where we enjoyed
what is arguably the best pizza in Lancaster county (maybe even the state). If
you have never been there, we highly recommend it.
Sadly, one of our former members, Del Scott, passed away in June. The
family requested that the ALR form a flag line at his Celebration of Life service
on August 15th, and we did that.
Also, by the time you read this, the ALR will have held our annual Poker Run
on August 29th. This is our major fundraising activity for the year, and we hope
to have had a good showing. This year’s proceeds will benefit the American
Legion’s Operation Comfort Warrior program.
Until next time, Ride Safe!
Bruce Gubser, Commander
Post 3 American Legion Riders
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
We are NOT a motorcycle club!
We are a part of the nation’s largest wartime veteran’s service organization, members of the American Legion “Family” (Legionnaires, Sons and Auxiliary members) who have joined together to ride our motorcycles for fun and fellowship and to remember and dedicate our self to our original purpose. Service to Our Country.
Being a part of the American Legion, the Riders are committed to:
1. Mentoring youth and sponsorship of wholesome programs for them in our communities,
2. Advocating patriotism and honor,
3. Promoting strong national security, and
4. Continued devotion to our fellow service members and veterans.
True to the Legion's grassroots tradition, each local Riders chapter manages its programs at the post level. Annually the Post 3 Riders are part of many projects and events.
American Legion Riders Post #3 Lincoln, NE
The requirements for membership are.
A. An individual must be a current member of one of the following:
1. An American Legion Post
2. An American Legion Auxiliary Unit
3. A Sons of the American Legion Squadron
B. Each individual shall in order to establish and maintain membership, own (name on title) a motorcycle of at least 350cc in size (no ATV's) that is licensed and insured as required by Nebraska state law.
C.Each individual must have paid the required dues and submitted any required documentation annually.
Dues and Documentation of Membership
a. Dues will be $20.00 per annual year. To remain a member annual dues will be required to be paid by April 1st, each year.
b. To insure accurate information on members is maintained, Members annually shall verify that the information contained on their original application is current and correct or provide any changes to the information at time of renewal of membership.
c. Persons joining the Chapter at any time during the year will be required to submit a completed Post 3 ALR application to verify they meet membership requirements and pay the annual dues for that year.
Membership qualification may be verified at any time by the Sergeant at Arms.
ALR Post 3 Meeting minutes
August 20, 2020
Denton American Legion Club Post #355
1903 call to order- By Commander Gubser
Present Colors and MIA Chair
Attention to Colors
Prayer and MIA chair– By Chaplin Masek
Pledge of Allegiance
Recitation of American Legion Rider Creed
Officer Roll Call – by Streeter
Commander - present
Vice Commander - present
Secretary - present
Treasurer - present
Ride Captain - present
Sergeant at Arms - present
15 members present and signed in; 0 Guests attended.
Minutes from previous meeting – by Secretary
July 2020 meeting minutes were posted on the Post 3 ALR web page and all members were advised by e-mail to review on 7/19/2020. Call for corrections, additions or deletions, none needed. Motion to approve made by Paulson second by Dietz, motion approved.
Membership report – 2020 year stands at 37 active members.
Financial Report – by Treasurer Dietz
July report sent to all members via e-mail on August 16, 2020. Balance for End of July was $2627.98. Bunker fund tonight was $70. Motion to approve report made by Sibley second by Hanseling, motion approved.
Reports from officers
- Commander Gubser –
- Poker Run on 29 August, reviewed route and asked for assistance at each stop. Flyer sent to all membership and ALR face book page.
- PGR mission on 26 August, e-mail sent to all membership. Vets funeral 40th and A Lincoln.
- UNL Veterans' Tribute opportunity to share your story.
- 100 Miles for Hope, National American Legion for fund raising.
- No August Commander's Ride, next will be September 12thlunch ride to Christina’s Family Restraint 1250 Rosewood ave. Crete. Meet at 1045 at Roper and sons 40th and Van Dorn.
- PGR mission in Omaha on August 21st in sent via e-mail
- ALR Post 1 and City of Omaha will be hosting a dedication of veteran’s memorials they moved to Memorial Park on September 5th
- Vice Commander Paulson – Thanks for all the help at funerals this past month.
- Special funeral flag line on September 10thfor Harry Stewart retired deputy sheriff from Lancaster County ride order to follow.
- Secretary- Streeter
Correspondence – Notice of Tele-Town Hall for Nebraska Veterans, August 20th 1600 (4PM) email notice sent to all by Commander.
- Treasurer – Dietz – none
- Ride Captain Smisek –none
- Sergeant at Arms Gilbertson –none
Reports from Committees
Commander – Poker run committee- report
- Commander - Our ALR Poker run for 2020 tentatively approved by membership at February meeting, set for August 29th to start at Frontier Harley Davidson. Continued discussion on the event. Details for run were discussed and finalized. Flyer sent to membership with details and route.
New Business –
Other Comments for the Good of the Chapter –
Next meeting date and place – September 17thsame time and place.
Closing Prayer- by Chaplin Masek
Adjournment – by Commander
Meeting adjourned at: 1923
Respectfully submitted by Mike Streeter Secretary, August 21, 2020