"Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, meeting schedules remain fluid. Please scroll down to see the current status of our Legion Family meetings for the next few months."
Legionnaire and Post 3 member Rick McLaughlin made this flag and donated it to Post 3 to auction it off and the money raised used for a Post 3 project. If you have any suggestions on a project to support, please include it with your bid.
Send your bid to:
Post 3 American Legion
123 S. 84th St.
Lincoln, NE 68510
Or email your bid to firstname.lastname@example.org,
The current bid will be posted daily on the Post 3 web site, https://lincolnpost3.org/
The winning bid will be announced at the October 13th meeting and the Flag will be awarded at that time.
Post 3 Commander
The American Legion is a nonprofit group of veterans wanting to serve their resident communities, after giving their lives and families to safeguard America, through the U.S. Armed Forces. On a local level, we band together in "posts," where the mission of the Legion takes place daily. Legionnaires are intrinsically motivated by our Four Pillars:
The American Legion offers veterans help with filling disability claims, discounts on vehicle rentals, hotels and motels stays, and emergency support. The most important offering for a veteran is the comfort of fellow veterans having your back--your six--as you navigate through life after American military service.
Our Four Pillars are the best guide to just how far Legionnaires will go to aid fellow veterans and their families
The American Legion is one of the best sources of help for any veterans' concerns, whether they be their health, welfare, families, socializing, and especially, supporting your local community.
If you've ever felt left out of the loop of veterans happenings, now's your chance.community.
Contact American Legion Post 3 is here in Lincoln to add to your life's success.
We love our members, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
123 South 84th Street, Lincoln, Nebraska 68510, United States
Post 3 Commander 2020-21
Post 3 1st Vice Commander 2020-21
Post 3 Adjutnat 2020-2021
Post 3 2nd Vice Commander 2020-2021
District 15 Vice Commander
Following are some of the projects that reflect American Legion Post 3’s efforts to support our veterans and the Four Pillars of the American Legion. Some may support more than one Pillar.
1 --- Veterans Affairs & Rehabilitation
• Pay Final Respects and Provide Honor Guard for Military Honors - 200+ per year
3 --- Americanism
• Conduct an annual Flag Disposal Program and Burial of Ashes
• Work with Boy Scouts of America / Honor Eagle Scouts
• Provide funds and participate in Wreaths Across American Program
• Provide School Talks
• Fund and support Lincoln Special Olympics
• Ring Bells for Salvation Army
• Provided funds to Call-a-Vet program
• Maintain a Post Web Site(https://lincolnpost3.org/)
• Publish Lincoln Legionnaire newspaper quarterly
• Distribute a monthly Post 3 newsletter
• Host Coffeehaus / Quilts of Valor events at the Lincoln VA Clinic
• Purchase Coffee for the VA Clinic
• Support VA Food Pantry
• Donate to Soldiers Christmas Fund
• Support the University of Nebraska – Lincoln ROTC program
• Sponsor and Support American Legion Auxiliary Unit 3
• Sponsor and Support Sons of the American Legion Squadron 3
• Sponsor and Support American Legion Riders Chapter 3
• Participate in Lincoln’s Veterans Parade
• Participate in Governor’s Welcome Home Picnic
4 --- Children and Youth
• Support and Sponsor delegates to American Legion Cornhusker Boys State
• Support and Fund American Legion Baseball
• Conduct District 15 American Legion Oratorical Contest annually
• Support, Sponsor participants to American Legion Jr. Law Cadet
• Support Boy Scouts / Eagle Scout Recognitions
• Provide up to 3 $500 Scholarships annually
• Honor Lincoln Public School teachers and Staff with 25 Years-of-Service
• Honor High School JROTC Cadets with certificates and medals
• Provide funds and support for the VA Little Pride Program